A way to donate used clothing, choose some items for yourself, provide for those in need, and meet refugees in a friendly setting
When is it?
Friday 29 September – at church
Set up from 18:30 – snacks and drinks and jovial atmosphere provided
Saturday 30 September at church – Event takes place 12:00-15:00
What can you donate?
Men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing, shoes, and accessories in clean and good condition. Please do not donate used undergarments or socks – new ones in packaging, however, are welcome. Paper and plastic bags and hangers are all needed and welcome.
Where can you bring your donations?
Simply bring your donations to church from beginning September. Please give them to Pamela Woolley, Sally Stone, or Judi Haynes-Smart
Who is invited?
Everyone from the church is welcome, of course, as are your friends. The World House will use their network to invite refugees and other families and individuals who are here without papers or in need.
What if you have nothing to donate?
Please come along, anyway. Beyond material and practical help, many refugees are sorely in need of friendly conversation and to get to know people.
How else can you be involved? Oh! so many ways:
- encourage friends and neighbours to donate
- join our set up party on 29 September in the evening (18:30)
- bake a cake or make some sandwiches for 30 September
- come serve food on 30 September
- help people to find the right clothing
- help out as a cashier on 30 September
- help clear up and get any clothing leftover after the event to a donation point
- Sign up sheets are on the bulletin board. The more people we have involved, the better this event will be and the more we will be able to benefit those in need and have fun together.
For more information, please contact Pamela Woolley (email@example.com). We look forward to hearing from you.